Help install peatio on my vps

someone help to install peatio exchange on my vps, I try 3 version but nothing, maybe I miss something. I need help from someone to install from begining.
send email to wepobid@gmail.com

Hey there, we are not really doing email support.
You can check the installation guide over here: https://github.com/rubykube/workbench/wiki/Google-Cloud-Platform-Installation
Even though Peatio is not meant to run on VPS, you can also try asking around in Telegram chat
https://t.me/peatio

What do you mean? What kind of hosting is the one recommended for Peatio?

System Requirements

• Amazon AWS, Google Cloud GCP, Azure account
  • Kubernetes cluster deployed using Kite
  • MySQL 5.7 Highly available (RDS / Cloud SQL)
  • Blockchain services or nodes running in VM
  • RabbitMQ service running in the cluster or in VM

I see… I’m new to containers but after reading how they used kubernetes to bring Pokemon GO to life it seems that’s the way to go.

I’ll keep playing with the VPS to get familiar with the UI, administration, and how to add coins, but I’ll move to one of those cloud platforms when I get chance.

By the way, is wordbench what’s used in the deploys or does kite use containers from other repository?

hi, I do all installation steps, but at the end when I start daemons, things stuck and I don’t know what to do. there are many steps, important steps, and I have a cloud vps and is hard to start from begining, if I miss something… so I want someone to help installing for me … someone who know what to do from start…

I followed this tutorial

BTY, it’s not complete, I’m still figuring out how to setup the server to start on boot with systemd, also haven’t installed yet Barong.

To auto start service with systemd you need to have service file. Unfortunately, Peatio repository does not have systemd service file, so you need to create your own.

Check out this tutorial’s “Turning it into a service” section: https://medium.com/@benmorel/creating-a-linux-service-with-systemd-611b5c8b91d6

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I’ll check it out.

By the way, do you think it’s a good idea to have separate services for each component, Peatio, Peatio Trading UI, etc?

It’s already like this: Peatio, Barong and Trading UI are separate services.

We’re currently moving in direction of smaller services and in future there will be more much smaller plugable services to extend and modify exchange.

Thanks. I’ll give it a try with systemd then. Also found this repo with useful information. Although I’ll create separate units instead of one.

This is what I got so far. It starts, stops, and restarts the service. In a similar fashion it should work for Trading UI too. Feel free to use and modify as you please. Also I’d love to hear about any improvements, for instance about how to restart the service in case it exits unexpectedly.

/lib/systemd/system/peatio.service

[Unit]
Description=Peatio Service
After=network.target mysqld.service
StartLimitInterval=0

[Service]
Type=forking
PrivateTmp=yes
#User=deploy
#Group=deploy

WorkingDirectory=/home/deploy/peatio
PIDFile=/run/passenger/app.peatio.pid

Environment="PATH=/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.0/bin:/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.0@global/bin:/home/deploy/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.5.0/bin:/home/deploy/.rvm/bin:/home/deploy/bin:/home/deploy/.local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin"
Environment="GEM_HOME=/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.0"
Environment="GEM_PATH=/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.0:/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.0@global"
Environment="DATABASE_HOST=localhost"
Environment="DATABASE_USER=root"
Environment="DATABASE_PASS=password"
Environment="RAILS_ENV=production"
Environment="SECRET_KEY_BASE=secretkey"

ExecStart=/home/deploy/.rvm/bin/rvm-exec ruby-2.5.0 bundle exec passenger start --pid-file /run/passenger/app.peatio.pid --log-file /home/deploy/peatio/log/service.log --environment production --user deploy --daemonize
ExecReload=/home/deploy/.rvm/bin/rvm-exec ruby-2.5.0 bundle exec passenger-config restart-app /home/deploy/peatio
ExecStop=/home/deploy/.rvm/bin/rvm-exec ruby-2.5.0 bundle exec passenger stop --pid-file /run/passenger/app.peatio.pid

#Restart=always
#RestartSec=1

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

I don’t know why I write here… I ask for help and every one here talk about anything else… I came here because I see that here I found the working version of Peatio… but I think not… thanks to all!

Sorry you are experiencing these issues.
That being said, since you are doing it hands-on, and on VPS, not to mention - please make sure you have spent enough time reading the project documentation offered, minimal system requirements, provide us with more information - detailed logs, and error messages - and then we might be able to understand what went wrong with your deployment and help you.
If we reduce this topic to complaints without relevant information, it is not much of a help to the community.

peatio.service unit using puma

[Unit]
Description=Peatio Service
After=network.target mysqld.service
StartLimitInterval=0

[Service]
Type=forking
PrivateTmp=yes
User=deploy
Group=deploy

WorkingDirectory=/home/deploy/peatio
PIDFile=/home/deploy/.puma/peatio.pid

Environment="PATH=/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.0/bin:/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.0@global/bin:/home/deploy/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.5.0/bin:/home/deploy/.rvm/bin:/home/deploy/bin:/home/deploy/.local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin"
Environment="GEM_HOME=/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.0"
Environment="GEM_PATH=/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.0:/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.0@global"
Environment="DATABASE_HOST=localhost"
Environment="DATABASE_USER=root"
Environment="DATABASE_PASS=password"
Environment="RAILS_ENV=production"
Environment="SECRET_KEY_BASE=key"

ExecStart=/home/deploy/.rvm/bin/rvm-exec ruby-2.5.0 bundle exec puma --dir /home/deploy/peatio --config /home/deploy/peatio/config/puma.rb --pidfile /home/deploy/.puma/peatio.pid --redirect-stdout /home/deploy/peatio/log/stdout.log --redirect-stderr /home/deploy/peatio/log/stderr.log --environment production --daemon
ExecReload=/home/deploy/.rvm/bin/rvm-exec ruby-2.5.0 bundle exec pumactl --pidfile /home/deploy/.puma/peatio.pid restart
ExecStop=/home/deploy/.rvm/bin/rvm-exec ruby-2.5.0 bundle exec pumactl --pidfile /home/deploy/.puma/peatio.pid stop

#Restart=always
#RestartSec=1

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target