Is this forum dead?

There isn’t much going on here lately

What a silly question… Why would it be dead?

It’s just for a small group of people who are working on the RubyKube for of Peatio: https://github.com/rubykube/peatio

Sorry for being so inactive lately.
We are finally out of the woods more or less with the actual RubyKube coding and now have more time for this forum and community support.
Come around and let’s discuss RubyKube all over!

Great to hear that! I’m installing RubyKube on a small VPS running on a docker container on a cheap webhosting provider (20 GB SSD, 1 vCPU, 1 GB RAM). I managed to get the Bitcoin daemon to run by increasing the swap file size and now I’m waiting for the blockchain to sync, also had to enable pruning because of the disk size being too small. Didn’t want to use Workbench though, because I don’t have access to the bare metal, and I’m not familiar with Docker.

I’m going to document the installation process and report back, maybe also ask a question every now and then :wink:

Keep up the good work.

Oh wow.
Good luck man, you gonna need it :slight_smile:

Thanks, I’m getting familiar with how to run RiubyKube on a VPS, I’ll have to upgrade specs soon I guess.

By the way, I’m getting this error when trying to setup peatio, any idea what could be causing the script to fail when creating the MySQL schema?

deploy@host:~/peatio$ bin/setup
=== Preparing database schema ===
rake aborted!
ActiveRecord::NoDatabaseError: Unknown database 'peatio_production'
/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.1/gems/activerecord-4.2.10/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/mysql2_adapter.rb:23:in `rescue in mysql2_connection'
/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.1/gems/activerecord-4.2.10/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/mysql2_adapter.rb:9:in `mysql2_connection'
/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.1/gems/activerecord-4.2.10/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:438:in `new_connection'
/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.1/gems/activerecord-4.2.10/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:448:in `checkout_new_connection'
/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.1/gems/activerecord-4.2.10/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:422:in `acquire_connection'
/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.1/gems/activerecord-4.2.10/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:349:in `block in checkout'
/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.1/gems/activerecord-4.2.10/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:348:in `checkout'
/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.1/gems/activerecord-4.2.10/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:263:in `block in connection'
/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.1/gems/activerecord-4.2.10/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:262:in `connection'
/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.1/gems/activerecord-4.2.10/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:571:in `retrieve_connection'
/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.1/gems/activerecord-4.2.10/lib/active_record/connection_handling.rb:113:in `retrieve_connection'
/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.1/gems/activerecord-4.2.10/lib/active_record/connection_handling.rb:87:in `connection'
/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.1/gems/activerecord-4.2.10/lib/active_record/railties/databases.rake:230:in `block (4 levels) in <top (required)>'
/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.1/gems/activerecord-4.2.10/lib/active_record/railties/databases.rake:229:in `open'
/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.1/gems/activerecord-4.2.10/lib/active_record/railties/databases.rake:229:in `block (3 levels) in <top (required)>'

Caused by:
Mysql2::Error: Unknown database 'peatio_production'
/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.1/gems/mysql2-0.4.10/lib/mysql2/client.rb:89:in `connect'
/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.1/gems/mysql2-0.4.10/lib/mysql2/client.rb:89:in `initialize'
/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.1/gems/activerecord-4.2.10/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/mysql2_adapter.rb:18:in `new'
/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.1/gems/activerecord-4.2.10/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/mysql2_adapter.rb:18:in `mysql2_connection'
/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.1/gems/activerecord-4.2.10/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:438:in `new_connection'
/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.1/gems/activerecord-4.2.10/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:448:in `checkout_new_connection'
/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.1/gems/activerecord-4.2.10/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:422:in `acquire_connection'
/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.1/gems/activerecord-4.2.10/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:349:in `block in checkout'
/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.1/gems/activerecord-4.2.10/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:348:in `checkout'
/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.1/gems/activerecord-4.2.10/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:263:in `block in connection'
/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.1/gems/activerecord-4.2.10/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:262:in `connection'
/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.1/gems/activerecord-4.2.10/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:571:in `retrieve_connection'
/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.1/gems/activerecord-4.2.10/lib/active_record/connection_handling.rb:113:in `retrieve_connection'
/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.1/gems/activerecord-4.2.10/lib/active_record/connection_handling.rb:87:in `connection'
/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.1/gems/activerecord-4.2.10/lib/active_record/railties/databases.rake:230:in `block (4 levels) in <top (required)>'
/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.1/gems/activerecord-4.2.10/lib/active_record/railties/databases.rake:229:in `open'
/home/deploy/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.1/gems/activerecord-4.2.10/lib/active_record/railties/databases.rake:229:in `block (3 levels) in <top (required)>'
Tasks: TOP => db:schema:dump
(See full trace by running task with --trace)

I added the root user and pasword like so:

## mysql settings
export DATABASE_HOST=localhost         
export DATABASE_USER=root                       
export DATABASE_PASS=mypassword

and ran source with the file:

$ source ~/.bashrc

That would fit better in support forum:
https://discuss.rubykube.io/c/community-support

I’m not sure if post can be moved to other topics, so I created a new one. Thanks.

Yeah, I don’t see a way to chop the specific post out of topic into another category in Discourse :frowning:
Thanks for reposting into support category!